The Selangor Aviation Show 2021 Takes-off At Subang Airport
Selangor Aviation Show, 25-27 November 2021 at Skypark RAC, Subang Airport
25 November 2021
SUBANG, 25 NOVEMBER 2021– YAB Dato’ Seri Amirudin bin Shari, Dato’ Menteri Besar Selangortoday officially opened the Selangor Aviation Show 2021 (SAS2021). Held on 25-27 November 2021, the inaugural SAS2021 is believed to be among the first in-person Air Shows to be held in the region since the pandemic struck in 2020.
Hosted by the Selangor State Government, organised by Invest Selangor Berhad, supported by MATRADE and its strategic partner the Ministry of International Trade And Industry and the National Aerospace Industry Coordinating Office (NAICO), SAS2021 is a part of Invest Selangor’sinitiative to give the aerospace industry a push towards recovering from the Covid-19 pandemic’s devastating effects to the industry.
Themed “Selangor, the Asean Business and General Aviation Hub”, SAS2021 is focusing on the Business and General Aviationindustry especially in Selangor as worldwide data has shown this sector of the aerospace industry to be more resilient to the pandemic impact and its recovery is quicker and more sustainable than most other aerospace industry sectors.
The SAS2021, which will have strong local representation, has also attracted participation from international players from Brazil, France, Switzerland, Turkey and the USA.
Major OEMs like Airbus, Dassault Aviation, Embraer SA and Turkish Aerospace Industries are participating, as well as local industry leaders like Systematic Aviation Services, Galaxy Aerospace, AERODYNE and Pen Aviation.
There are several highlights throughout the SAS2021 including product, services and technology exhibitions, static aircraftdisplays, drone displays, networking sessions, numerous talks on the industry’s hot topics and even an Edu-Open Day on 27 November for the NextGen visitors.
Apart from the program lined-up,SAS 2021 will also witnessMOU signing ceremonies namely;
- Collaboration on Talent Development with Focus on Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) for Aerospace Industry and Developing Program for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) on Aerospace Supply Chain between Menteri Besar Selangor (Incorporated) and Sepang Aircraft Engineering Sdn. Bhd.
- Collaboration on Selangor Drone Centre of Excellence and Aerospace Training Hub between Selangor Aviation Technology & Innovation Sdn. Bhd. (SELATI) and University Selangor (UNISEL)
- Collaboration to Develop a Joint venture in Drone Talent Development in the Areas of Technology Advancement, AI and other Areas Pertaining to Drone Advancement between Selangor Aviation Technology & Innovation Sdn. Bhd. (SELATI) and Aerodyne Group
- Collaboration on Operating a Modern Full Flight Simulator Training Center in Selangor to Market its Services to Airlines and Pilots in Malaysia and Other Countries in the Asia –Australia Region between HM Aerospace Sdn. Bhd. and Apa Bilgi Teknolojileri Sanayi Ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi
- Collaboration for the Drone Authorised Service Centre Project between Galaxy Aerospace (M) Sdn. Bhd. Pen Aviation
- And lastly MOU signing between Delta Aerospace Sdn. Bhd. and AeronautiqueDesign & Services Bureau SA. Delta Aerospace, Aero Volga and ADSB are working together to relocate the production of LA-8 seaplane from Samara, Russia to Malaysia in an exclusive arrangement to include all intellectual property and technology transfer.
Invest Selangor expects up to 5,000 visitors over the 3-day event. Crowd controls and all necessary Covid-19 SOPs will be implemented, but without causing inconvenience to attendees who are there to do business or to gain knowledge of the industry.
On why the State is pushing hard to promote Business and General Aviation at Subang Airport, YAB Dato’ Seri Amirudin bin Shari said, “wealready have a diamond in the rough with Subang Airport and we are determined to help unlock the potential in this airport to support and sustain growth in the Business and General Aviation industry.”
Interested trade visitors may still register to attend the SAS2021, with some limitations to time slot availability. The public and students are encouraged to visit on the third day of the Show. Registration can be done via htts://selangoraviationshow.com
More information on SAS2021 are available on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn @selangoraviationshow. You may also connect on Twitter at @SelAviationShow
For Selangor investment enquiries, please visit www.investselangor.my.
About Invest Selangor Berhad:
Invest Selangor Berhad is an investment promotion agency playing a pivotal role in the promotion and attracting both local and foreign direct investments to encourage the economic development of Selangor. Invest Selangor also coordinates and facilitates the approval of investors’ applications with government agencies and provides relevant business matching and marketing opportunities to improve the business ecosystem in the state.
7 September 2023
Selangor Aviation Show 2023 (SAS 2023) Soars Even Higher In Its Third Year
1 September 2023